Stillingsprosent: Full time
Arbeidsgiver: Vattenfall AB
For our Civil Engineering group within our Business Area Wind, we are looking for a Senior Geophysicist with experience from either offshore or the wind business. You should have strong competences within geophysics but also be able to carry out other tasks within civil/structural engineering.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential and possibilities and do you want to be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Renewables, you are maybe the person we are looking for.
The department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines, as well as being embedded in our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as the operation & maintenance phase lead by our generation department.
The Senior Geophysicist position within the Geoscience team covers responsibility for developing and maintaining geophysical survey requirements for offshore windfarm foundations and cable routes.
Key working assignments will be:
• Tender management, survey supervision, data processing and quality assurance for bathymetric, seismic and magnetometer datasets
• Developing, maintaining and improving seismo-stratigraphic models for windfarm sites and alignment with the geotechnical engineers and windfarm layouting group
• Alignment of geophysical and geotechnical data to inform foundations, cable route and installation engineering
• Risk assessments and management related to ordnance, boulders, archeology, seabed mobility, consenting requirements and geohazards in general
• Cooperation with the Civil structures department and packages during windfarm development
• Degree in Geology, Geophysics or Marine Sciences
• Experience from the field of wind or oil and gas sector, experience in shallow geophysical survey interpretation and site investigation data will be an advantage
• Good analytical skills.
• Ability to translate and communicate technical detail and results
• Good communication skills and master English in speech and writing
You can work self dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You are motivated, showing initiative and with a flexible approach to the work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to contractual partners. You have an innovative mindset working result-oriented and meeting required deadlines.
As our offshore projects are located various places across northern Europe some travel should be expected.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
For your information:
The position is advertised on several jobsites, where different regulations apply. Thus there is no time limit on the advertisement; instead we will remove it once the position has been occupied.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 30.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safety and with the highest levels of availability and profitability. We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.
Do you have any questions:
är en av Europas största elproducenter och den största värmeproducenten. Vi levererar el, värme och gas till 15,5 miljoner privat- och företagskunder i Sverige, Danmark, Finland, Holland, Tyskland och Storbritannien.
Vi arbetar med alla delar i värdekedjan – produktion, distribution och försäljning. Vår energimix består av sex energikällor: biomassa, kol, kärnkraft, naturgas, vatten- och vindkraft.