Tittel: Topsides commissioning engineer
Our client is looking for a Topsides Commissioning Engineer. The role will rotate on 2/2 basis from Aberdeen.
Manage construction / completion activities and to ensure compliance with commissioning expectations.
Provide technical assurance that construction activities are performed and completed to the required project standards in compliance with an approved completions database.
Accept the mechanical completion of systems.
Provide supervision and guidance during the commissioning of discipline related activities.
Lead a team of commissioning supervisors and technicians for the development and execution of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
Act as the commissioning focal point for coordinating commissioning with the construction teams and project engineering disciplines.
Review handover packages discipline site activities and handover package reviews and audits.
Act as commissioning authority during commissioning.
Provide trouble shooting support during commissioning and post start-up.
Manage vendor callouts.
Provide detailed commissioning records including daily reports and shift handover notes.
Ensure that commissioning activities are co-ordinated and managed with other commissioning engineers..
Provide assurance through audit of the construction process through to mechanical completion (MC).
Manage ‘powered up’ checks after MC.
Liaise with discipline engineers when necessary e.g. elec / inst /mech/process.
Ensure that punch lists and engineering queries are closed out prior to handover to operations.
Support the commissioning team leader in implementing the commissioning certification and handover process and ensure that the commissioning team leader is kept informed on overall progress.
Act as commissioning acceptance authority for new equipment and facilities.
Provide trouble-shooting support following start-up.
Work with the operations towards achieving the first year operability targets.
Person specification (Qualifications etc.)
Essential criteria & qualifications:
· Previous experience of working offshore
· Can demonstrate HSSE leadership, particularly when managing vendors and sub- contractors.
· Awareness of safety management for offshore operations and have demonstrated personal commitment to Safety.
Detailed knowledge and experience of
Commissioning engineering and commissioning certification systems
Commissioning and handover procedures.
Site integrity management (IM) standards and the application of IM to commissioning
Operating strategy and operations goals
· Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and communicate with discipline engineers.
· A proven decisive and proactive team player with good communications skills.
· Ability to develop procedures, practices and strategies from first principles
· Broad knowledge of commissioning and the engineering design process
· Ability to work away from home assignment.
· Ability to work extended periods of time away from home.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
· Previous experience of working in fabrication yard.
· Previous knowledge and experience of working with GOC
· Previous experience of working in construction yards in Far East
· Basic Offshore Induction and Safety Emergency Testing (BOISET) and Health certification for offshore working will be required before offshore mobilisation
· Previous supervisory experience